A series of walks looking at local countryside and making use of local footpaths.
If you are interested in furthering your knowledge and understanding of the local environment in and around Potters Bar, then these walks should appeal.
Our aims are:-
- To foster people's interest in the local area.
- To keep local rights of way in use.
- To include people with a wide range of ability.
- To make our walks accessible by public transport, where possible.
|Sun Dec 11th||1.30pm at Dixons Hill Close, Welham Green - park near motorway (TL 225048).|
|Route:||Walk 'Places & Spaces in North Mymms - Walk 2' - walk to Mymms Park and return via Warrengate and Water End.||6.4km 4m|
|Sun Dec 25th||No walk.|
|Sun Jan 8th||1.30pm at White Hart PH South Mimms.|
|Route:||Walk Blackhorse Lane - Boundary Path - North Mymms. Return via Potwells.||8km 5m|
|Sun Jan 22nd||1.30pm at Monken Hadley, by Church near common.|
|Route:||Walk Hadley Wood Road, Jack's Lake. Return via Monken Hadley Common.||7.2km 4.5m|
|Sun Feb 5th||1:30pm in front of Furzefield Centre, Mutton Lane, Potters Bar.|
|Route:||Walk railway path, Bradmore Lane, Waterend, Warrengate Farm, Furzefield Wood..||7.2km 4.5m|
|Sun Feb 19th||1:30pm at Pooleys Lane, Welham Green, AL9 7LF (TL 230059). Park opposite bungalows.|
|Route:||Walk Potterells Farm, Waterend, North Mymms Church, Tollgate Farm, Delsome Lane.||6.4km 4m|
|Sun Mar 5th||1:30pm at Bell Bar, Great North Road/Woodside Lane/Bell Lane Junction.|
|Route:||Walk Grubbs Lane, Woodfield Farm, Barbers Lodge Farm, Hornbeam Lane.||8km 5m|
|Sun Mar 19th||1:30pm at Brookmans Park Train Station (TL 240040)|
|Route:||Walk Water End, North Mymms Park, Bush Wood, Welham Green, Potterells Farm, Station Road.||9.7km 6m|
|Sun Apr 2nd||1:30pm at Furzefield Leisure Centre Car Park, Mutton Lane, Potters Bar.|
|Route:||Walk to Bridgefoot and Bentley Heath.||8km 5m|
|Sun Apr 16th||1:30pm at Roestock Lane, nr junction with Bullens Green Lane, AL4 0QW (TL 214064).|
|Route:||Walk open spaces and history in and around South Hatfield.||8km 5m|
|Sun Apr 30th||1:30pm at Clay Hill. Park in Strayfield Road (TQ 317989) along from church on the corner of Clay Hill and Theobalds Park Road.|
|Route:||Walk to Strayfield Road, Cattlegate Road, Sanders Corner, Burnt Farm Cottage, Whitewebbs Lane, Flash Lane.||8km 5m|
|Sun May 14th||1:30pm at "Five Horseshoes" PH, Little Berkhamsted SG13 8LY. Park near cricket ground.|
|Route:||Walk Bayford, Culverwood House and return via Epping Green.||8km 5m|
|Sun May 28th||1:30pm at Roestock Lane, near junction with Bullens Green Lane, AL4 OQW (TL 214064).|
|Route:||Walk to Welham Green, Potterells Farm. Return via Tollgate Farm and Community Forest.||8km 5m|
- All walks start at 1:30pm.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions please telephone the number given for the walk as it may have to be cancelled.
- Walks from March will include a break.
- Non-members are welcome.
- All children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who will be responsible for their care.
- Walkers are expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
- You should not walk ahead of the walk leader without invitation nor leave the group without advising the walk leader.
- You are responsible for carrying your own supplies including first aid equipment, any required medication and adequate water.
- You are responsible for ensuring your fitness and preparedness for the walk. This includes suitable footwear with adequate tread and appropriate clothes eg to avoid bites/stings or sunburn. If in doubt about your fitness or the requirements of the walk, please contact the leader for advice prior to the walk.
- People with medication needs and/or disabilities which may cause problems during the walk must also contact the leader prior to the walk.
- On public roads where there are no footpaths, you should normally walk on the right hand side of the road in single file. When crossing fields, you should normally stay in single file.
- Any dogs should be kept under control and not allowed to interfere with the walk.
- You should not leave any litter.