A series of walks looking at local countryside and making use of local footpaths.
If you are interested in furthering your knowledge and understanding of the local environment in and around Potters Bar, then these walks should appeal.
Our aims are:-
- To foster people's interest in the local area.
- To keep local rights of way in use.
- To include people with a wide range of ability.
- To make our walks accessible by public transport, where possible.
|Sun Apr 29th||1:30pm at footpath entrance to Whitewebbs Wood, Whitewebbs Road (Sloemans Farm).|
|Route:||Walk Forty Hall, Whitewebbs, return via Hilly Fields and Clay Hill.||5m|
|Sun May 13th||1:30pm at bottom of Park Avenue (off Southgate Road) where it meets Carpenters Way.|
|Route:||Walk via Firs Wood and Hook Wood to Northaw and return via Parkfield and Oakmere Parks.|
|Sun May 27th||No walk|
|Sun Jun 10th||1:30pm at Pooleys Lane, Welham Green, AL9 7LF (TL230059). Park opposite bungalows.|
|Route:||Walk Tollgate Farm, North Mymms Park, Potterells Farm.||5m|
|Sun Jun 24th||1:30pm at top of Clay Hill Enfield - park in Strayfield Road (TQ317989), along from St John's church on the corner of Clay Hill and Theobalds Park Road.|
|Route:||Walk west to Chain Walk, then on to Burnt Farm Cottage, Theobald Manor and return via Whitewebbs Wood.||5.3m|
|Sun Jul 8th||1:30pm at Salisbury Close car park, High Street Potters Bar (EN6 5AX).|
|Route:||Walk The Causeway to Coopers Lane and circular walk around Fir & Pond Woods.||4.0m|
|Sun Jul 22nd||1.30pm at Shenley Car Park, Radlett Lane.|
|Route:||Walk a circular route through Shenley Park to Radlett with scenic views of the countryside.||5.0m|
|Sun Aug 5th||1:30pm at bus stop at junction of Church Road and Osborne Road, Potters Bar (TL257021).|
|Route:||Walk Thornton Road, Leggatts Park to Gobions Wood. Return via Hawkshead Lane, Boltons Farm and Mountway.||4m|
|Sun Aug 19th||1:30pm at public car park Colney Heath High Street (TL201601), next to primary school.|
|Route:||Walk London Colney via lakes and return via Willows Farm.||5m|
|Sun Sep 2nd||1:30pm at Roestock Lane (Bullens Green) near junction with Bullens Green Lane (AL4 OQW).|
|Route:||Walk to Bunchleys pond Welham Green. Return via Tollgate Farm, Roundhouse Farm and Community Forest.||5m|
- All walks start at 1:30pm.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions please telephone the number given for the walk as it may have to be cancelled.
- Walks from March will include a break.
- Non-members are welcome.
- All children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who will be responsible for their care.
- Walkers are expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
- You should not walk ahead of the walk leader without invitation nor leave the group without advising the walk leader.
- You are responsible for carrying your own supplies including first aid equipment, any required medication and adequate water.
- You are responsible for ensuring your fitness and preparedness for the walk. This includes suitable footwear with adequate tread and appropriate clothes eg to avoid bites/stings or sunburn. If in doubt about your fitness or the requirements of the walk, please contact the leader for advice prior to the walk.
- People with medication needs and/or disabilities which may cause problems during the walk must also contact the leader prior to the walk.
- On public roads where there are no footpaths, you should normally walk on the right hand side of the road in single file. When crossing fields, you should normally stay in single file.
- Any dogs should be kept under control and not allowed to interfere with the walk.
- You should not leave any litter.