A series of walks looking at local countryside and making use of local footpaths.
If you are interested in furthering your knowledge and understanding of the local environment in and around Potters Bar, then these walks should appeal.
Our aims are:-
- To foster people's interest in the local area.
- To keep local rights of way in use.
- To include people with a wide range of ability.
- To make our walks accessible by public transport, where possible.
|Sun Dec 24th||No walk|
|Sun Jan 7th||1:30pm at Dixons Hill Close, Welham Green - park near motorway AL9 7EF (TL2205048).|
|Route:||Walk North Mymms Park return via Veterinary College and Waterend.||4m|
|Sun Jan 21st||1:30pm at top of Clay Hill Enfield - park in Strayfield Road (TQ317989), along from St John's church on the corner of Clay Hill and Theobalds Park Road.|
|Route:||Walk west to Chain Walk, then on to Burnt Farm Cottage, Theobald Manor and return via Whitewebbs Wood.||5.3m|
|Sun Feb 4th||1.30pm at Shenley Car Park, Radlett Lane. Approaching from Black Lion Hill, the Car Park (free parking) is on the right by the Tea Room.|
|Route:||Walk to the White Horse PH, follow footpaths to Ridge, Bigpursley Wood, Litteridge Wood, St Vincent's Church and Ridge Village. Return via Pursley Farm.||5.5m|
|Sun Feb 18th||1:30pm Pooleys Lane, Welham Green, AL9 7LF (TL230059). Park opposite bungalows.|
|Route:||Walk Potterells Farm, Water End, North Mymms Church, Tollgate Farm, Dellsome Lane.||4m|
|Sun Mar 4th||1:30pm at front of Furzefield Centre, Mutton Lane, Potters Bar.|
|Route:||Walk to Wises Lane, Water End and Blackhorse Lan.||4.5m|
|Sun Mar 18th||1:30pm at Little Berkhamsted opposite Five Horse Shoes pub and by cricket ground.|
|Route:||Walk Epping Green then Bucks Farm, Ashfield Farm and Hertfordshire Way.||5.2m|
|Sun Apr 1st||Easter - no walk|
|Sun Apr 15th||1:30pm at end of Tolmers Road, Cuffley near woods, not station end.|
|Route:||Walk Home Wood, Cuffley Hills Farm. Return via Cuffley Stn and Tolmers Road.||5m|
|Sun Apr 29th||1:30pm at footpath entrance to Whitewebbs Wood, Whitewebbs Road (Sloemans Farm).|
|Route:||Walk Forty Hall, Whitewebbs, return via Hilly Fields and Clay Hill.||5m|
- All walks start at 1:30pm.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions please telephone the number given for the walk as it may have to be cancelled.
- Walks from March will include a break.
- Non-members are welcome.
- All children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who will be responsible for their care.
- Walkers are expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
- You should not walk ahead of the walk leader without invitation nor leave the group without advising the walk leader.
- You are responsible for carrying your own supplies including first aid equipment, any required medication and adequate water.
- You are responsible for ensuring your fitness and preparedness for the walk. This includes suitable footwear with adequate tread and appropriate clothes eg to avoid bites/stings or sunburn. If in doubt about your fitness or the requirements of the walk, please contact the leader for advice prior to the walk.
- People with medication needs and/or disabilities which may cause problems during the walk must also contact the leader prior to the walk.
- On public roads where there are no footpaths, you should normally walk on the right hand side of the road in single file. When crossing fields, you should normally stay in single file.
- Any dogs should be kept under control and not allowed to interfere with the walk.
- You should not leave any litter.