A series of walks looking at local countryside and making use of local footpaths.
If you are interested in furthering your knowledge and understanding of the local environment in and around Potters Bar, then these walks should appeal.
Our aims are:-
- To foster people's interest in the local area.
- To keep local rights of way in use.
- To include people with a wide range of ability.
- To make our walks accessible by public transport, where possible.
|Sun Aug 19th||1:30pm at public car park Colney Heath High Street (TL201601), next to primary school.|
|Route:||Walk London Colney via lakes and return via Willows Farm.||5m|
|Sun Sep 2nd||1:30pm at Roestock Lane (Bullens Green) near junction with Bullens Green Lane (AL4 OQW).|
|Route:||Walk to Bunchleys pond Welham Green. Return via Tollgate Farm, Roundhouse Farm and Community Forest.||5.0m|
|Sun Sep 16th||1:30pm at junction of Radlett Road (B462) and Roundbush Lane. Park in Roundbush Lane or The Spinney.|
|Route:||Walk footpaths through Radlett to Munden House, Otterspool, Aldenham Church and back to Roundbush Lane.||4.5m|
|Sun Sep 30th||1:30pm at Newgate Street Village Hall car park.|
|Route:||Walk Ponsbourne Park to Old Claypits Farm, on to Bayford and Epping Green.|
|Sun Oct 14th||1:30pm at Pooleys Lane, Welham Green AL9 7LF (TL230059). Park opposite bungalows.|
|Route:||Walk Town and country walk to Old Hatfield and back.|
|Sun Oct 28th||1:30pm at Whitewebbs Road - in layby near King & Tinker PH.|
|Route:||Walk Whitewebbs Wood, Bury Green, Cheshunt, Broadfield Farm and Theobalds Estate.||6.0m|
|Sun Nov 11th||1:30pm at North Mymms Church (TL222045) AL9 7TN.|
|Route:||Walk to Blackhorse Lane and return.||4.0m|
|Sun Nov 25th||1:30pm at Monken Hadley, by Church near common.|
|Route:||Walk Hadley Wood Road, Jack's Lake. Return via Monken Hadley Common.||4.5m|
|Sun Dec 9th||1.30pm at Bell Bar - A1000 Bell Lane/Woodside Lane junction.|
|Route:||Walk Grubbs Lane, Barbers Lodge Farm and on to Wildhill, return via Westfield Lodge.||5.5m|
|Sun Dec 23rd||No walk.|
|Sun Jan 6th||1:30pm at 'White Hart' PH South Mimms (Bus 84).|
|Route:||Walk Black Horse Lane, Boundary Path, North Mymms and return via Potwells.||5m|
- All walks start at 1:30pm.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions please telephone the number given for the walk as it may have to be cancelled.
- Walks from March will include a break.
- Non-members are welcome.
- All children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who will be responsible for their care.
- Walkers are expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
- You should not walk ahead of the walk leader without invitation nor leave the group without advising the walk leader.
- You are responsible for carrying your own supplies including first aid equipment, any required medication and adequate water.
- You are responsible for ensuring your fitness and preparedness for the walk. This includes suitable footwear with adequate tread and appropriate clothes eg to avoid bites/stings or sunburn. If in doubt about your fitness or the requirements of the walk, please contact the leader for advice prior to the walk.
- People with medication needs and/or disabilities which may cause problems during the walk must also contact the leader prior to the walk.
- On public roads where there are no footpaths, you should normally walk on the right hand side of the road in single file. When crossing fields, you should normally stay in single file.
- Any dogs should be kept under control and not allowed to interfere with the walk.
- You should not leave any litter.