A series of walks looking at local countryside and making use of local footpaths.
If you are interested in furthering your knowledge and understanding of the local environment in and around Potters Bar, then these walks should appeal.
Our aims are:-
- To foster people's interest in the local area.
- To keep local rights of way in use.
- To include people with a wide range of ability.
- To make our walks accessible by public transport, where possible.
|Sun Sep 3rd||1:30pm at Roestock Lane, near junction with Bullens Green Lane, AL4 OQW (TL 214064).|
|Route:||Walk Colney Heath and Willows Farm.||6m|
|Sun Sep 17th||1.30pm at School Lane Essendon at junction with High Road (TL275086). Please park toward school end of lane.|
|Route:||Walk Essendon - golf course - Little Berkhamsted - Howe Lane and return.||6m|
|Sun Oct 1st||1:30pm Brookmans Park Railway Station - at Station Close.|
|Route:||Walk path to Hawkshead Bridge, Gobions, Potterells Farm and return via Bradmore Lane.||5.75m|
|Sun Oct 15th||1:30pm at 'White Hart' PH South Mimms (Bus 84).|
|Route:||Walk Black Horse Lane - Boundary Path - North Mymms. Return via Potwells.||5m|
|Sun Oct 29th||1:30pm at Whitewebbs Road by the 'King and Tinker' PH.|
|Route:||Walk footpath through Whitewebbs and Forty Hall and by Myddleton House.||4.5m|
|Sun Nov 12th||1:30pm at 'White Hart' PH South Mimms (Bus 84).|
|Route:||Walk Black Horse Lane to Warrengate Farm and Hawkshead Lane, return via Town Farm.||5m|
|Sun Nov 26th||1:30pm at Roestock Lane near junction with Bullens Green Lane, AL4 OQW (TL214064).|
|Route:||Walk Places of interest in Colney Heath.||4m|
|Sun Dec 10th||1:30pm at public cark park Colney Heath High Street (TL201601, next to primary school).|
|Route:||Walk to London Colney via lakes and return via Willows Farm.||5m|
|Sun Dec 24th||No walk|
|Sun Jan 7th||1:30pm at Dixons Hill Close, Welham Green - park near motorway AL9 7EF (TL2205048).|
|Route:||Walk North Mymms Park return via Veterinary College and Waterend.||4m|
- All walks start at 1:30pm.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions please telephone the number given for the walk as it may have to be cancelled.
- Walks from March will include a break.
- Non-members are welcome.
- All children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who will be responsible for their care.
- Walkers are expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
- You should not walk ahead of the walk leader without invitation nor leave the group without advising the walk leader.
- You are responsible for carrying your own supplies including first aid equipment, any required medication and adequate water.
- You are responsible for ensuring your fitness and preparedness for the walk. This includes suitable footwear with adequate tread and appropriate clothes eg to avoid bites/stings or sunburn. If in doubt about your fitness or the requirements of the walk, please contact the leader for advice prior to the walk.
- People with medication needs and/or disabilities which may cause problems during the walk must also contact the leader prior to the walk.
- On public roads where there are no footpaths, you should normally walk on the right hand side of the road in single file. When crossing fields, you should normally stay in single file.
- Any dogs should be kept under control and not allowed to interfere with the walk.
- You should not leave any litter.